Home Forums Feature requests Los tool

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ww2t_Ben ww2t_Ben 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zepherlight
    Participant

A line of sight tool would be nice. Selectable unit list too. Just downloaded so hard to say so far. Waiting for buddy to get so we can really try it out. What I’ve seen so far is great. I played squad leader 35+ year’s ago. Been getting old board games with a buddy lately so this is a great find. Tks for your hard work.

ww2t_Ben
    ww2t_Ben
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for your feedback! Yes, LOS always comes as a suprise – kind of. I tried to imitate the spirit of the rule book which says that you are not allowed to probe LOS before announcing your attacks. So that is why there is no LOS “tool”. Of course playing on the computer against someone who doesn’t sit beside you makes is possible to cheat (simply by measuring on your screen). My idea is to improve on this in the way that in the future you will be able to switch between the 2D and a 3D view of the map. This should allow you to actually get an idea about the LOS without knowing the rules regarding blind hexes etc.

What do you mean by selectable unit lists? The Counter inspector on the left hand side is the tool to select units from one or more locations.

If you fancy a match please let me know, there’s a couple of players and maybe we can arrange something.

Ben

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by ww2t_Ben ww2t_Ben.

zepherlight
    Participant

More a order of battle list showing all units that selecting jumps you to that unit. Would be more handy with a lot of units in larger scenarios than small ones. Its nice to see a list of what you have to work with. Just a thought. As for Los I know in squad leader you could check los before committing to attack. And I know this is different but looking logically a unit would know if they could see into a hex and even if it could not see units there it would know there’s a obstruction between it and where it wants to fire. I would not blindly fire into a building when I know the target is in the building behind it. I would only fire at hexes I could see. I feel los checking is important. But that’s just my two cents. I am happy to see this game and I hope that it is a big success. I played squad leader when it first came out in 77′ and have looked for something similar on pc over the years. I hope that this will be it. Let me get more familiar and yes I’d love a match. Great job so far.

ww2t_Ben
    ww2t_Ben
    Keymaster

Yes, this “order of battle” or to-do-list is a good idea when playing bigger scenarios. So far there is no such feature, but it wouldn’t be difficult to implement. I will probably work on this once the first scenarios of a certain size come up. Since the most important actions like a unit having fired or moved are “flagged” on top of a stack you get a rough idea of which unit performed an action in this phase already or not. In the Rout phase you already see all units that MUST rout highlighted (red brackets). Ignoring them would lead to their loss. Same is true for Close Combat, which is fully event based – so you will be guided through it.

Ok, let us know when you feel ready for a test match. You would have to make an appointment here in the forums because the online service does not allow any private messges so far (will be added soon).

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.